Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Boulder Creek Path Has Flooded ...

Boulder Creek, which runs by the south end of my apartment complex, has leaped its banks.  The Creek Path, which runs beside the Creek, and under Folsom Street, is about 6 inches under water at the moment.  It's been "closed to the public", meaning they've stretched yellow tape across the walkway.  The weather folks have predicted heavy rain showers that move slowly for tonight - and Boulder's Office of Emergency Management has opened - in case we do flood.  My apartment is about 200 yards from the creek, toward the north end of the buildings.  I'm not too worried...  The creek is still within its banks on either side of the underpass....
I have the new James Rollins Sigma book and the new C J Cherryh Foreigner book to peruse.  And I have just received the first of 6 Sharon Green's The Blending books that I ordered.  At least I won't need to find something new to read next week!  Oh, - and the new Catherine Coulter book, Split Second, is due to be released on Tuesday, July 19.

No comments: