Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday was hot and muggy by Colorado standards. Today we have bright sunshine, little to no cloud cover, and a nice breeze.  It was very nice out while walking the red kids early this morning, but by 10 a.m., it felt warm.  I am still staying with Lucy (at the moment); I move in with Maggie May about 10 tomorrow, and then begin caring for the Thore pets at 2 p.m.  I'll also be walking the red kids twice a day through the 4th of July, so, in essence, I'm taking care of 4 houses, with the exception of feeding Rosie and Remy.  I'll have Lynn's van to use for transport through Tuesday evening, so that will  make things much easier to get back and forth from seeing my kits during the holiday weekend.  (I'm spoiled.  I'm used to the buses I regularly use running every 15 to 30 minutes - on holiday weekends, they only run once an hour, and if you miss your connection, you've got another hour added on just to go one way....)
My regular bus drivers asked me to bake for them again.  I'll bake next Thursday, and will make Berry Uglies and brownies.  I'll make the Berry Uglies because fresh berries are currently on sale - buy one, get one free, for strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.  And I'll eat whatever I don't use in baking. -  And we've got lots of fresh, locally grown corn available, too.  Mmmm -Mmmmm. Five ears for a dollar. (Of course, I can remember 2 dozen for a dollar - but that was long ago.)
The kits were very happy to see me arrive this morning - all three talked and talked and talked to me.  I fed them, loved them, and cleaned the litter boxes, then sat at my desk.  Nedi has been nursing on my right arm and Lovey sprawled over the divider counter, and spoke to me while I read my e-mail.  And this is happening while the door to the patio is wide open...
The man who stabbed his five-month-old puppy (Diamond) has been placed in solitary confinement in the Denver jail because the other inmates want to kill him.  He still says he did nothing wrong and was protecting himself because the puppy had bitten and scratched him.  The poor pup has a lot of healing and rehab to look forward to, even though calls are pouring in from people wanting to adopt her.
Here's hoping you a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!  (And please remember all  of those who have served, and are now serving, our country!)

No comments: