Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Reprise

I enjoyed watching Masterpiece Theater on PBS last night.  First I watched a program about Gregory Peck and his movies - then Rufus Sewell came on.  I knew that I had watched this actor frequently in a US television series; but I couldn't figure out what.  So I turned on the PC....  I watched him play Dr. Jacob Hood in the series Eleventh Hour.  Last night was the first of three weeks of mystery stories surrounding Detective Aurillio Zen, a Venetian-bred policeman, living in Rome.  The character is separated  from his wife, and is living with his mother.  His superior in the police department wants everything done by the  book, and the end result must make the police look good.  His contact with the government Ministry is always sending him a crooked ball to hit, always expecting a home run that pleases the government.  Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!  I'm now going to have to find the books this series is based on...
No blog tomorrow.  Have a super Tuesday!

No comments: