Saturday, July 2, 2011

Simmering Saturday

Whew!  Just returned from taking Christine to the Denver airport - it's warm, humid, and I drove through five different rain showers on  the way home. Maggie May, Tensington, and Haku  were glad to see me when I arrived at the Barrera house - I couldn't tell  about the fish. I spent time with Lovey, Nedi and Mocha this morning - loved and fed and played with all of them.  When I returned to Lucy's, she had left me "presents" both in the basement and the living room; and Terence had left me a note about them, he having left while I was gone. Arrived at Lynn's at 2, and had time to play with Dhisana, Lilly, Lyra and Tess before Christine was packed. Getting ready to feed Lucy dinner, then go over to the red kids' until 7:30, returning to feed the Thore critters, then Maggie May. From now through the 5th, I'll be running from house to house to house to house.....
Knowing I was going to be baking for  my bus drivers, I asked Darcie what she would prefer to have: brownies, cobbler, or Berry Uglies.  She said since she had never had Berry Uglies, she'd opt for them, and that she never turned down a cobbler, either.  So I guess I'll be making all three - brownies and Berry Uglies for the drivers, and cobbler and Berry Uglies for for Darcie's family. - It's fine with me - her kitchen is tremendously well equipped, so all I have to do is provide the makings for the goodies.
State rescue teams have been searching  Missouri Mountain, looking for a 53-year-old doctor and his 20 year-old daughter, who went missing during a hike on June 24.  Bodies matching their descriptions have been found 5,000 feet above the one of the trails there.  -  And another young woman slipped and fell off a trail yesterday, falling her her death. -  Why don't people use due caution?  I know I'm not immortal...

No comments: