Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cats, Dogs, Knights Templar & March Madness

I don't know why, but I was surprised to see that Jacques de Molay was burned at the stake on today's date in 1314.  Considering that King Philipe of France had him arrested on October 13, 1307 - I guess I was amazed that Philipe took so long to actually execute the leader of the Knights Templar on the Ile de la Citie in Paris.  I suppose that the King and his puppet Pope had, after 6 years and 5 months of imprisonment and torture, wrung every thing that they could out of the Grand Master.  And, of course, once de Molay had admitted anything under torture, as soon as he was able to regain his wits and his strength, he immediately recanted whatever he had admitted.  Philipe the Fair turned out to be a very nasty King; and, of course, his daughter, was known as the She Wolf in England, even though she was portrayed very differently in Mel Gibson's Braveheart.
   I am still stunned by the sudden death of my friend, Kathryn.  I am happy that she did not linger and suffer for a long amount of time, but it still seems as if it's a dream (nightmare, really).  I've told Mary that I will be happy to help and/or assist in any way that I can - but she's in Gainesville and I'm here in Boulder....
   I felt funny Friday, when I saw VT and did not reiterate an invitation for him to bring his dog, Jack, and visit Mona and Boo and I this weekend.  Turns out something was tickling my subconscious; Friday night Mona came into season.  Since Jack is an intact male, I am very happy that we didn't all get together, as I am not ready to be god-mother to a litter of Plott Hound/Pit Bull puppies.  Mona is a rust-color, with dark brown and black brindling; Jack is black, with rust colored brindling.  They'd make beautiful pups, but as I said, I don't need to be looking for a home for un-planned pups.  I think VT is a little too macho to get Jack neutered; nephew Mike just hasn't taken the time to get Mona spayed...
   The kits slept on top of me last night. Then, at four this morning, Nedi decided to have a wild-hair crazy run - he ran around and about, knocking over a pile of books, clattering through glasses in the kitchen sink, and banking off the hallway door and the insides of the bath tub.  I just hope my neighbors were able to sleep through it!  He's currently sacked out in the cat tree, while Lovey is supervising my blog-writing. Since yesterday was St. Paddy's Day, I wore my kelly green T shirt that has Devine written in "The Book of Kells" letters, with a dragon gracing the D.  Since both the Hoyas and the Gators are playing today, I've got on blue shorts (for the Hoyas) and my Gator T.  The poor CU Buffs were eliminated last night.
   I hope your Sunday is wonderful.  - Oh, and brother-in-law Jim finished fourth in his age group in the Moab Marathon yesterday.

No comments: