Monday, March 12, 2012

Silly Stuff

Not much going on today - I'll be walking Rosie and Remy, then Annie, Oly, and Bentley this afternoon.  I do need to go get my hair cut - the last time it was cut was before I went to Florida, and I now have curls all over the back of my neck.  That's not bad - until I sweat a lot.  Both kits are running in and out of the patio door.  I don't know if we have a dog for a neighbor, or if it was just visiting yesterday, but my kits were quite upset that a dog dared to be in the back yard... at least, one that wasn't Riley, their favorite Shar-Pei. 
   I was intrigued when I saw that the state of Chiapas, in southern Mexico, had discovered the remains of 167 people in a cave near the Guatemala border.  The first notice said that the "grave" was over 50 years old, and that it was, possibly, bus-loads of travelers who disappeared between 60 and 70 years ago.  Well, the bones are a lot older - they are now dated at being 1300 years old, and the skulls show signs of having been flattened and elongated with a wooden cradle board - and the native Amerindians of 1300 years ago did just that....
  It's currently cloudy out, but it's above 50 degrees.  We're supposed to be partly cloudy with highs in the low 70s for the rest of the week...  we'll see.  Have a good week!

No comments: