Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Snowy Tuesday

It is actually snowing outside.  Yesterday, we had drizzle off and on all day.  Statring around midnight, we've had snow falling...  it melted as soon as it hit the ground, patio, sidewalks, and pavement until about 7 this morning; now it's finally cooled enough to start a build-up of the white stuff.  Nedi has been running in and out of the snow for over an hour; Lovey took a quick jaunt out, but came right back inside and has stayed inside since then. The weather person just said that the snow will be changing to rain around noon - I really don't care what falls, we just need the precipitation!  Rain, snow, both are welcome!  Hail would shred the new flowers and early garden plantings, but rain and/or snow... definitely! (Last year, at this time, we had a snow pack of 218% ; this year the snow pack is at 54% - and that's what we get our water from during the spring, summer, and fall....  We need a lot more wet weather!)
  I saw Kentucky win the NCAA Championship again.  And I, for one, enjoyed the Fray's rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" before the game... although, since it was not played with the traditional music score, and the lead singer did not try to "soar" his voice, I understand a lot of folks were not happy with the Fray's performance.  I thought it was great, and I liked the fact that the band did not go out of it's usual performance arena. 
  My kits have been stuck to me like glue, since I returned home.  Lovey talks constantly, and Nedi occasionally joins in.  Even though it's been warm for the last two weeks, I've been having more and more trouble with my fingers lately - they really protest when I start to flex them in the morning, and they ache all day.  I'm sure I'll just be told it's arthritis and that I need to get used to it, if I go to see my GP about it....   I have (finally) accepted the fact that Peyton Manning is the new Broncos quarterback; and I read with delight that the Jets might be using Tim Tebow on special teams - maybe I will get to see him play again!  It will be an interesting new football season.

No comments: