Monday, April 30, 2012

Modem Problems

Yesterday, the modem for my desktop died - the green power light is on, but nothing else; although, occasionally, the the Ethernet light also turns green.  Everything else is black.   So I'm writing from Alexy's, where I spent a delightful night curled up with Shady.  Shady's only complaint was that I didn't get up early enough for his taste this morning.   I'll go home this afternoon, and will get to sleep with my kits tonight.    In the meantime, I'll go walk Rosie and Remy, then Boo and Kathy, and perform whatever chores Kathy needs doing this morning.  She was scheduled for an X-ray and possible casting tomorrow morning, but I know the appointment has been changed - but I don't know if it's Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, now.
    I can't name any of the players the Broncos' drafted this past week; but Todd Helton, who normally doesn't play on Sunday's, was called in to bat for the Rockies when they were down 4 - zip yesterday, and he hit a grand slam home run, which tied the game - it went into extra innings, and the Rockies eventually lost - but Todd's buddy Peyton Manning was there, and got a thrill when Helton homered.  ...  I still haven't chosen my favorite for the Kentucky Derby - I think that will have to wait until after the post positions are drawn, and I can actually see who is running this year.
    I don't know if I'll be able to blog the next couple of days - Century Link wants to come to the apartment and look at my cables, and I just want a replacement modem....  I'm running around so much that I don't have time for a 4-hour window of possible service; and I really just don't want to allow someone I don't know inside.  I'm going to plead with them to just allow me to trade modems at their office here in Boulder.  (I spent an hour on the phone with a tech yesterday morning, and he kept saying that "unless the modem itself is broken, I can't understand why you're having this problem..."  Well, duh.  Maybe the modem is broken or burnt out - it's only been in constant use for 5+ years....   Enough of my grousing.  Other than the modem, everything is great.
   I hope you have a super week!

1 comment:

@CenturyLinkHelp said...

Hello Betts,
Sounds like you are good to go. In the future should the need arise, we can help. Email us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com, we can get you assistance if you should need.
Regards,
Steve @CenturyLink Help Team