Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hot Day & New Splint

We broke  a high temperature record yesterday that had stood for over 60 years, and it looks like we might do the same again today.  I made the kits wear their collars and tags yesterday - Lovey didn't mind a bit, but Nedi was certain the heart-shaped tag was trying to eat him alive.  I was happy to take Kathy to her orthopedic's office yesterday - I was very concerned Monday when I saw the edges of her splint outlined with new bruises.  Laura, the PA at Dr. Koch's office, was horrified at the twisted splint the Urgent Care Center had left her with - and it was also too short on both ends, and was too tight for her arm.  When she came out with her new splint yesterday, she was giddy with relief because it was pain free.  I told her that her splint should always be painless - the bone itself would hurt where the break is, but the splint shouldn't be the cause of more pain....
   I was awakened at 4 this morning, as Lovey had a wild hair and was bouncing off the walls and using me as a springboard.  After about 30 minutes, Nedi was caught up in the madness, too, and both kits were bouncing off the walls, over furniture, and generally having a blast wreaking havoc.  I finally got up and let them get rid of their excess energy outside in the back yard.  I walked Remy and Rosie this morning, then let them play with Boo and Mona in Kathy's back yard.  Kathy and I got a kick out of watching Mona target Rosie's blue squeak bone and try to steal it - it took her 45 minutes, but Rosie finally let her guard down, and Mona was off with the bone.  (Then I had 10 minutes of retrieval duty from Mona.)  Then Kathy and I walked Boo - and I walked Kathy past some of the houses where I pet-sit, and talked to her about the individual critters and their habits.
   Tonight Kathy, Bernie, Connie and I will meet at Murphy's Pub to celebrate Connie's birthday of last month (she was away), and my friend Carolyn's birthday in Florida.  I've promised Carolyn a toast tonight during our supper. -  Tomorrow I start caring for Sadie and Lucy; and I'll be taking Kathy to her work place to get her medical leave papers filled out, and then in the afternoon to the salon to get her hair washed, trimmed and braided....   'Twill be interesting.

No comments: