Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sunny, Cool, & Windy

As always here in Colorado, what a difference a day makes!  It was warm, but windy yesterday, and you could see the clouds roiling in the sky.  This morning, I was happy to have had two large dogs sleeping with me during the night - it was 38 degrees when I arose.  The breeze/wind is still blowing, so it feels like 29 degrees outside - BBBrrrrrrrrrrr!  If you are sitting in the sun behind glass, you're nice and toasty - otherwise, you're shivering.  My kits are sitting on the patio in the sunlight, soaking up that vitamin A and D, and getting toasted.
   The red kids were great yesterday, and Kathy and Boo and I had a good walk. (Kathy saw three new places to harvest oyster mushrooms on the walk, and, so, was grateful for my taking her out of her usual pattern...)  Shady greeted me at the door at Alexy's yesterday afternoon, and I found Cloudy in the bedroom.  I was amazed that she jumped down from her house and came over to me to rub against my legs.  Normally, Cloudy doesn't want to have anything to do with anyone, except Alexy.  Finn and Skippy had a blast when I visited them last night and this morning.  Besides my own kits, I've taken care of, and walked, three other households so far.  The newspaper had not yet been delivered to Alexy's home, but I was able to collect all the others.
  The 200-pound black bear that was tranquilized and removed from the CU campus on Thursday, was apparently a little upset to realize he was among humans.  The first person to report the bear was a CU co-ed, who was walking on the sidewalk, and had what she thought was a big Saint Bernard  dog run into the back of her right leg, at knee level.  After regaining her balance, she took a closer look at the critter, as it had kept on running - and then realized it was a bear, and not a dog, that had run into her.
   The business that Mike, my nephew, works for is hosting several wild and crazy competitions at Oskar Blues in Longmont today.  He should be on his way to start the set-up now.  I'll drive Kathy over and drop her off around noon, and Mike will bring her home.  I'll be shooting back and forth between the other three houses until eleven tonight....  Wheee!!  A busy Saturday!  
   And best of luck to my cousin Sarah, and her husband, Jeremy, in their shooting matches in Tulsa today.   Do the family proud, kids!

No comments: