Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Magnolia Road

I will have to do some more digging to find out how Magnolia Road and Magnolia Mountain got it's name...  Magnolia trees do grow in Colorado, but due to the climate, they never reach the height and girth of the older trees in the South.  There's a magnolia tree at one of the houses where I pet- and house-sit, and it embarrasses me to admit that I had to ask the owner what kind of tree it was...  It's nothing like the magnolias we planted in our front yard in Florida - but I remember when the 60-foot trees were mere saplings, and that's pretty much how this 8-year old tree looks.  The climatic difference in growth is amazing.
  In any event, what is now known as the Wild Divine Ranch was originally known as the Scates Ranch on Magnolia Road, and it's history can be found at:  http://www.puma-net.org/scates/Scates_Ranch_Magnolia_Road.pdf
   Here are some photos that I took driving along Magnolia Road on Saturday:



Wild Divine (Scates') Ranch

My friend and neighbor, Beatrice Bell

Magnolia Road, with snow at Eldora ahead


No comments: