Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Shopping

I don't know what to do with myself today - Rosie injured her lower back Sunday night, and I probably won't walk her until Thursday or Friday.  Kathy didn't need me today.  The kits let me sleep in, and then I leisurely checked through all my e-mail and newspapers.  As I hadn't been to see the new store that has opened next door, I wandered over there and spent more than an hour walking through the store, Home Goods.  I was impressed by the variety and by the prices - everything from pots and pans to towels, washcloths, desks, food, bedding, pillows, decorations, and children's toys and books.  It was mind-boggling.
  I then went into the grocery store to grab a bagel, a bag of chicken tenders, and, possibly, a frozen meal.  There were no fresh bagels in the bakery, there were no chicken tenders available, and there were no frozen meals that I could safely eat.  I purchased a can of peas and a calendar for next year.  Then I came home and had a bowl of Cheerios. Trying to purchase anything pre-made that does not contain onions, soy or mushrooms is pretty difficult.  Onions and/or onion powder is frequently listed under the heading of spices.  The mushrooms are usually listed in the ingredients.  I'm beginning to have a larger problem with soy - besides tofu and soy sauce, quite a few food items (including breads) contain "soy solids."  Lotions, shampoos, soaps, and candles are now made from soy products.  I visited a lady who wanted me to house- and pet-sit for her, and left her house after 20 minutes, terribly ill from her large collection of all natural soy candles.  I couldn't stay at her house; I got sick within 5 minutes of entering the premises, just because of her candles...  The times, they are a'changin'.
   Lovey and Nedi have been stuck to me like glue since I returned home last night.  I am truly enjoying their companionship.

No comments: