Saturday, December 20, 2014

Critters and Adjustments

I had to keep dosing myself with meclazine yesterday, as my vertigo decided to make a big come-back.  Thank goodness you can now get it over-the-counter instead of needing an MD's prescription  - I'd much rather pay $4.99 for 24 than have to pay $36 for 20, after a visit to the doctor's office.  My left inner ear has gone fuzzy again, but it usually clears up in a few days.  No pain, no hearing loss, just loss of equilibrium; made it difficult to check the hens' laying boxes yesterday.  Carter and Xuxa were having a wild and crazy morning when I appeared to give them breakfast this morning - the throw rugs were everywhere except where they normally rest, and they were having a blast chasing one another upstairs and downstairs.  The hens were happy to get out this morning, and something had tried to get inside the coop last night.  The blue tarp that lies over the brown thermal blanket had been moved about quite a bit on the west end of the coop, but no damage was done.  It was probably one of the local raccoons looking for food and a warm spot to hunker down.
  The kits are curled up on the end of my bed this morning, and I'm waiting for the CSU Rams to appear in their Bowl Game at 1:30 this afternoon.  I have to admit I'll probably switch over to the Redskins game, once they kick off.    We had blue skies yesterday afternoon, with nice sunshine, and I hope that happens again today; but the mountain areas to our west are supposed to get 1 to 2 feet of snow by tomorrow night - great for the skiers and snowboarders.  The forecasters still can't say whether Boulder will have a white Christmas, or not; but it looks like we'll have snow just about every evening beginning Monday.  For Christmas Day itself, some computer models show a trace of snow that night, while others show 10 inches falling throughout the day.  We'll see.  We need the liquid - in any form; rain, sleet, or snow.  I just don't want to have to travel too far by foot in it - ice on the sidewalks is treacherous here.
  Carter, Xuxa, and the hens' owners were due back from their vacation on Friday evening (Boxing Day), but with Jim in the hospital in Antigua following a ruptured appendix, I'm not sure when they will return.  That has added some quirks into my schedule from Christmas to New Years...  I don't want them to rush home due to me - I want Jim to recover before he flies back home - but my schedule was made with me thinking that I wouldn't be stopping by their place 3 and 4 times a day after Friday...  Now I'll just have to wait and see.  I can squeeze them into my bookings, but it will make for rushed visits to multiple places.  -   That's just me complaining, people...  I have to grouse a little every now and then.  -   I just want Jim and Jan to return to the States in good health, and able to continue their normal lives.
   I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: