Saturday, December 27, 2014

Weather and Pet-Sitting

My sister's first chemo treatment went very well yesterday, and she's supposed to be getting a white-cell booster shot this morning to counter-act yesterday's treatment.  It's so confusing...  Kathy didn't have any adverse reactions during or after the treatment, saying only that she felt sleepy afterwards.
  The Dellwood family should have made it home by now - I stopped by earlier and fed everyone, and cleaned the potty box about 8.  Then I went to the Chandler's and took care of Victor and Xena.  I followed that with Tugger on Rosewood, then went over to see the new clients on Sumac.  Have returned home for an hour or so, and will head back over to Tugger for the rest of the day after blogging.
  NOAA said that Boulder got .7 inches of liquid precipitation on Christmas Day that was topped by 12.3 inches of snow through Friday afternoon.  The ski resorts on the other side of the continental divide have had more than 43 inches of snow in the last 72 hours; they'll be getting more snow through Thursday.  We're supposed to have mostly clear skies with highs near 30 today and tomorrow - if you watch the Broncos and Raiders game on TV tomorrow afternoon, I'm sure they'll show the snow and people skiing and snowboarding up at the resorts.
  We're supposed to follow up this pleasant weekend with another Arctic front, so we'll (hopefully) have a high of 10 degrees on Monday, and, maybe, 5 degrees on Tuesday.  The weather gurus are saying that the low overnight Tuesday-Wednesday might be  -10, or so....  One of my clients let me know yesterday that she wouldn't need my services (beginning today), so that's a house off my list.  I called to check with another client, seeing what time she was leaving her home on Sunday, so I'd know when to show up at her house.  She informed me that her kids are going to be there through either the 30th or the 31st, and she'll let me know when she knows when and for how long she needs me.  She does this frequently, and I should be used to it, but that irritated me a bit yesterday.
  I'll be visiting the new client's house twice a day beginning Sunday evening and running through the following Saturday morning.  I re-met Tiko and Bopp this morning, and again went over their routine with the owners.  So that's settled; and I move in with Rosie Monday morning and stay until New Year's Day evening....
  Apparently there has been an outbreak of tularemia in the squirrel colonies in our area.  We used to see 10 to 20 squirrels in the back yard during the day - now, we might see 5 or 7.  The CU married housing complex across the street has sent 4 squirrel bodies for analysis in the past five days.  I know that our squirrel numbers are down, and we haven't seen Ernie, the raccoon, in a couple of weeks.  I know that diseases are a natural culling of the weak out in the wild - but I don't like the knowledge.  I'll be rooting for the South Carolina Gamecocks and Steve Spurrier today!

No comments: