Monday, November 9, 2015

Vivid Dreams

Two of the medications I take daily are known to cause vivid dreams, add a few more drugs for my bronchitis, and I have wildly strange and vivid dreams.  The other morning, I dreamed I was riding the local bus, and Rich, one of my favorite drivers, was in charge.  After a few minutes, I realized that we were not stopping to pick anyone up, and that if someone pulled the "Stop Request" cord, the bus continued on at the same pace.  Rich did check in his mirrors to see who rang, but he continued driving the route without stopping.  I asked him what was up, and he told me that we, the passengers, had to eat our way through the windows in order to leave.  Once we had eaten an opening large enough for our bodies to go through, he would slow the bus down at the stop we requested, and we'd have to jump out through the hole we'd made with our tongues and teeth.  That upset me, and I said it was a long way to the ground from the bus window.  Rich told me to "use my eyes" - didn't I see that there were enormous marshmallows set out at each stop?  Those were for the passengers to land on, safely. I'm not quite sure what awakened me after that, but I know that both Beatrice and I were licking the bus windows, and trying to gnaw on them, so we could escape the bus....   Weird.
   I also dreamed that I was the bridesmaid for a friend's wedding.  I don't know who the friend was, because I couldn't see her face clearly, and her voice was being synthesized.  I was to be the only bridesmaid (or matron, actually).  The friend told me I could wear any dress or skirt and blouse that she approved, but I couldn't wear jeans.  In the dream, it took months to find the "right" outfit, according to her.  Then she wanted me to wear stiletto heels, which caused me to laugh uproariously. I told her nothing over 1 3/4 inch in heel height, or she would have to pay my hospital and counseling bills.  We finally found a pair of low heels that I could walk in...  Then I was to meet the groom - for some reason, I hadn't yet done so.  And the way he was introduced to me really got me nervous - my friend and I were sitting on a sofa in a dimly lit room.  The man walked into the room, and, as he drew near, a spot light first flashed onto his feet, then slowly made it's way up the man's body, until it arrived at his face.  My first thought was, "My gosh, he walks like John Wayne."   My second thought was his pants were too tight for a man of his age - which I guessed to be about my own....  My third thought was, "Why is he wearing a silk shirt, open to his navel?  Is he trying to be Errol Flynn?"  Then I thought, "No chest hair? - But wait, he's my friend's groom-to-be, not mine...."  Then I almost screamed.  His head became visible - he had the features of Vladimir Putin and the hair of Donald Trump.  I woke up immediately.  I'm not sure whether to classify the last dream as a "funny/odd" dream, or as a nightmare.

No comments: