Saturday, January 9, 2016

Snow Yesterday

Boulder had about four inches of snow fall Thursday night through Friday...  I stepped out onto the balcony to sweep it off at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, and found myself sweeping in a new flurry.  Nedi was having a ball - it was 18 degrees outside, and he had little snowflake spangles all over his black fur.  A couple of my neighbors looked at me like I was crazy - I was wearing a red Piper T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers - but I kept warm.  (The balcony isn't that large and I was vigorously applying the broom.)  Our little squirrel was sitting on the telephone pole eating Brazil nuts in the snow, and he's already been "top-side" getting a look around this morning.  Visibility was awful earlier - we had freezing fog - but it's cleared now, and I can see patches of blue sky.
  Today is the opening day for the Denver National Western Stock Show, although the Stock Show Parade took place in downtown Denver at noon on Thursday.  Longhorn cattle, cowboys, cowgirls, stagecoaches, wagons pulled by 6- and 8-horse hitches - mainly Draft horses, rodeo clowns, trick riders, drill teams, and bands....  It was a fantastic display, as usual.  I've got a free ticket, so I just might go down to see things.  If you'd like more information regarding the DNSS, please visit: http://nationalwestern.com/
   And this is also "Wild Card Weekend" in the National Football League.  There will be two play-off games today, and two tomorrow.  I have only one pick up-in-the-air for the games - tomorrow the Green Bay Packers will play the Washington Redskins.  I grew up as a Redskins fan - but I like Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews on the Packers side.  Who do I cheer for?
 

No comments: