Monday, March 28, 2011

Dry... With Snow

It's the end of a Monday. The 9 News cameras at Broadway and Spruce showed a combination of rain and snow falling this morning - but it was dry up in North Boulder. Around 10 a.m. we had about 10 minutes of light, fine snow and that was it. The weather folks just said that "the Metro area" can expect about a 1-inch accumulation of snow over night, and "the Foothills" about 3 inches. Boulder is technically in "the Foothills," but all the precipitation has so far eluded us. People have been keeping track of snow and rain amounts for the last 130 years - this year, the month of March is the third driest in the recorded history. Dust is everywhere. Nedi is perched in my lap, being scratched and petted with my left hand, while I type with my right. Lovey has gone out to do her nightly "policing" rounds. I've been home for about 30 minutes - Joel brought me home upon his return from San Diego. Nancy and Max will return tomorrow evening, so I'll be spending about 3 hours over there after my appointment with Dr. P. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in regards to my visit to Dr. P... I'd really like some good news, such as "You're healing" or something comparable. The Rs were excellent today - and they were very excited to see Joel come home; but seemed puzzled that Nancy and Max weren't with him. So tomorrow, I'll walk Rosie and Remy, the Lucy, then Annie and Oly; come home, shower, see Dr. P; and then go back to the Rs (and make welcome home brownies for the three humans). Over the weekend, I read Dana Stabenow's new book, as well as the latest Blaize Clement (about a mystery-solving pet sitter), and Linda Fairstein's latest Alex Cooper book. I need to go get Catherine Coulter's latest FBI book tomorrow, too.

No comments: