Sunday, March 27, 2011

Losing Weight? - Yeah... Right...

The weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday, and it seems that today might be a carbon copy. It's just reached 32 degrees, the sun is shining, and the kits are running in and out. We celebrated Connie's birthday by having dinner at Murphy's Bar & Grill - I had my usual, turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a combination of steamed green beans, carrots, and squash. Yesterday morning, after my shower, I stepped on the scale at the Irish kids' - this is not something I would normally do, mind you - it's an LED scale with tenths of a pound increments. Suffice to say that yesterday after showering, my weight was 186.2 - this morning, after showering, my weight was 180.0. My digestive system rebelled on me last night - and I spent the hours from 10:38 p.m. until 3:11 a.m. sitting on the throne, with a trash bag-lined garbage can between my knees. My dreaded combo of diarrhea and up-chucks had returned. So today, I weigh less than I did yesterday... And, in no way was it done on purpose! It also has not been good for my medical problem..... Remy and Rosie have been super kids since their folks left - until yesterday. I stepped out of the house for about 2 minutes - walking out to get the mail - and Rosie had opened the trash drawer and tipped the trash can, spilling everything out onto the kitchen rug. Most of it was coffee grounds - Yuck! I let them know they were bad dogs - Remy had a plastic take-out bowl in his mouth, while Rosie was licking the interior of a potato chip bag - and then remembered that I usually keep the key to the trash door up on the window sill while I'm there. So the key is back in its place, and the dogs are good kids again. ... Brandi has been her usual super self, and Oly and Annie have been great on their walks. ... Lovey and Nedi both wanted lots of loving when I appeared this morning, so they each got 15 minutes of uninterrupted love, scratches, pets, hugs and kisses. They both keep running back inside to see what I'm doing right now.... I have a new horse to follow in the racing world - simply because of her name. She is Daisy Devine, a three-year-old daughter of Kafwain and Devil's Dispute, and she won the Fair Ground Oaks Stakes yesterday. In the Louisiana Derby, Pants on Fire won convincingly over Nehro and Mucho Macho Man. Rahy's Attorney, a 7-year-old gelding, won the Pan American Stakes at Gulfstream; and Worth Repeating won the Tokyo City Cup, beating Honour the Deputy and Spurrier. Country Cousin won the Imperial Cup at Aiken. And, to give the country of Japan something to be proud of, horses representing that country finished first and second in the $10 million Dubai World Cup. Victoire Pisa was the winner, with Transcend coming in second. Gio Ponti, the best-finishing US horse, was fifth. ... Butler beat the Gators yesterday, in a good over-time contest.

No comments: