Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow, Fires and Wind

The winds howled here until well after 2 a.m. - and while I was standing at Spruce and Broadway waiting for the Skip bus, there was a 10-minute long snow flurry while the sun was shining and it was about 48 degrees outside. It was weird. We have a wildfire that is almost contained north of Boulder and west of Hygiene along Nelson Road; and the Indian Gulch fire has not spread any more and is about 25% contained. There are fire crews from Kansas, Wyoming, and Montana working the Indian Gulch blaze. I cleaned a good part of the apartment yesterday, but didn't get the furniture shifted as I wanted. Turns out that's OK because the DirecTV tech arrived at 9, instead of between 12 and 4, and he said it would be easier if I moved the TV over to the other side of the room - so I'll really be changing things around. He'll be back later.
Dr. P examined my nether regions and put in a few stitches yesterday afternoon - so my heinie is sore today, and I'm not walking the doggies. I'll go back to see Dr. P again next Tuesday, and then he'll decide what the next steps will be. Apparently, while my body rejected the glue and mesh, it has actually started to heal more than ever before. Dr. P says maybe the glue gave my body the idea to close up the holes naturally... As long as it works, I don't care.
The kits are having a ball, as usual. There is some construction work going on at the Harvest House, on the other side of the privacy fence. Lovey and Nedi spend a good deal of time peering underneath the fence and over into their lot... when they're not running hell-for-leather all over me and throughout the apartment.

No comments: