Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Klutz Strikes Again

I should be on my way to walking Rosie and Remy in north Boulder.  Instead, I'm sitting at my desk with three ice packs applied to different parts of my body...   I woke up at three this morning, and had to go to the bathroom.  I didn't turn on the lights.  Just outside the walk-in closet door, I stepped on something that was warm and furry - I immediately stepped off, afraid I had stepped on Nedi.  When I stepped off, I ran into Nedi.  This threw me off balance, and I bashed my left temple against the brick door frame.  I was trying not to make any vocal noises (to avoid scaring my neighbors), so I snorted a huge gust of air out of my nose.  For some reason, the front of my night shirt immediately felt warm and wet.  I continued to stagger, caught my right ribs on the handles of the dresser, and then fell again towards the left.  I landed on my backside, on the cold tile floor, and immediately wet myself.  It took several tries for me to arise to my feet, and each time I tried to stand, long expulsions of warm, smelly air (that whistled) came out of my backside.  I just about choked, trying not to laugh hysterically at myself.  I finally made it to a standing position, and I walked the rest of the 6 feet to the toilet.  I turned on the light, and looked about.  The item I had stepped on and thought was Nedi, was a teddy bear that Nedi likes to drag around.  Nedi and Lovey were looking at me with hugely dilated eyes from the hall.  The front of my shirt was warm and wet because my snort had blown out yellow and green snot from my infected left sinus cavity.  The bottom on the shirt was wet, because I had peed on myself when I hit the floor.  The nightshirt was rinsed out in the shower, and I took a thorough shower afterwards to clean up.  -  This morning, I have a large goose-egg on my left temple (ice pack number one); bruised right ribs (ice pack number two), and my left knee is swollen from all the twisting, turning, and banging it went through (ice pack number three).   -   Getting old and being klutzy at the same time is hell!  And, my kits are tippy-toeing around me this morning; they haven't seen me trip and fall in quite some time.

A. U. Miner underwent surgery for his broken sesamoids on Monday.  The vets say that his prognosis is good.  ...  Royal Delta, who won the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic this past Friday, was sold for $8.5 million yesterday in the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale.

No comments: