Friday, November 25, 2011

A Super Bowl Doritos Ad?

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  There were about 30 relatives at the Snow gathering, but Grandma Anne was at home, and I missed her.  My corn pudding and fruit platter were great successes, as usual - no fruit left to bring home, and only a single spoonful of pudding.  We were at Laura's house in Fort Collins, but it wasn't until we were on our way that Kathy thought to mention that Laura had fallen off the roof of Grandma Anne's house last month - and had dislocated a hip and now had a plate holding her lower leg bones together.  But I was able to have nice conversations with Laura, Tracey, and Kathy (Jim's sister), as well as a lot of the youngsters.  We were all shown the three different Doritos commercials that Adam had made and sent off to the Super Bowl Doritos ad competition.  All three ads feature my nephew, Mike Snow, as the person eating the Doritos.  We're all hoping that one of them will be chosen to air.
It was a beautiful, clear blue sun-shiny day yesterday with highs in the mid 60s.  Today, we are completely overcast, and even though the thermometer reads 50 degrees, the humidity is at 80% and we have a good wind blowing off the snow in the mountains, so it feels like it's 28 degrees outside.  Lovey and Nedi are laying on the patio right now; Shady and Cloudy forgave me for keeping them inside yesterday when I opened their cat door this morning.  But as I was leaving to come home, I had to chase Smokey away - he's a large cat that lives on Poplar, a block away.  Shady is a total pacifist, and Smokey takes huge wads of fur off Shady, who just goes belly-up when attacked.  But Smokey was stalking Cloudy this morning, and I don't know if she would have fought back or not....
I'm looking forward to football this weekend.  Alexy will return home Sunday afternoon, so I'll probably leave her house in time for me to see the Broncos game at home.  Then Monday, I start back on my usual walking routine while staying at home with the kits, and working on uploading the Snow and Sanford family genealogy....
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: