Friday, January 13, 2012

Cold and Windy

Early this morning I wondered into my GP's office - after about 45 minutes (!) of her attention, the nurse drew 5 tubes of blood, and then gave me 4 shots.  I returned home, ate breakfast, checked my e-mail and then went out to walk Rosie and Remy.  I returned from that at 1:15 this afternoon, and took a nap.  Then I turned on the local NBC station, KUSA, and found the entertainment reporter wearing a huge bright orange fright wig, and orange face paint with a blue lightning bolt on his forehead and a star on his cheek.  He was giving tips on the best Sports Bars to visit tomorrow for the Broncos' game.  Thanks, but I'll watch from the comfort of my own home....

It wasn't that cold today, but the wind kept blowing from 20 to 35 mph all day, and that made it feel much colder.  My kits were happy to have me home last night, Lovey laid in my lap while I watched Person of Interest, while Nedi was stretched out beside us.  The kits had a good romp while I was eating breakfast, and then again this afternoon.  With the cold temperatures at night, and the wind, there was plenty of  ice and snow pack left, and both the Irish kids and I slid everywhere.  My biggest complaint is that all four vaccinations were put in my left shoulder, and, now, it hurts like a .....    On the bright side, I received a package from Mary, and was delighted to discover a re-release of an old Marty Robbins record (now a CD) - and it has 8 recordings on it that I hadn't heard before!  It's a treasure!!  And I also received a new set of history books from Arcadia Publishing, so I am very happy with my listening and reading choices for this weekend.

The Denver Mayor proclaimed today was Broncos' Orange Day, and there was a giant pep rally in front of the City and County Building for over 2 hours today.  Folks were encouraged to wear orange, where ever they worked.  And I had to laugh - the weather today gave a very quick look at Denver and the surrounding area; the majority of the weather forecast was focused on Foxborough, Massachusetts for 8 p.m. EST Saturday night.  Hmmmm.  I think I'm not the only one who is backing the Broncos.  (I have to admit that I am afraid of what the final score may be...)  But I'll be cheering for the orange and blue!

No comments: