Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chinook Continues

We had a wind gust of 93 mph last night - I was afraid my sliding glass door would be sucked out of its' tracks and blown away.  It was so windy that both kits slept in the walk-in closet, rather than with me.  I kept waking up to the roar of the wind, so it wasn't a restful night.  We also had several gusts recorded that topped 80 mph, and more than 5 that topped 70 mph...  so it has been windy.  The wind is supposed to die down by noon, so I'll be walking Rosie and Remy around midday.  -  There were 6 industrial-weight sheets of plastic blown onto my patio before I arose this morning.  I also removed 8 newspaper sections, 7 paper grocery bags, 15 plastic grocery bags, 12 pages of 8x11 paper, and a lot of small miscellaneous trash that had been blown away.  I already have more trash on the patio, but I'll clean that up this afternoon.  At least the temperature is 50 already, and we don't have to deal with freezing temps today!
Police in California found two hands and two feet within a 50 yard radius of the severed head that was found by dog walkers.  They are pretty sure the death occurred elsewhere, and that the walking trail by the Hollywood sign is just a dumping ground.
Today is my sister's 62nd birthday.  She informed me the other day that she wants my Chincoteague Island information trove when I die. (She seems pretty sure I'll die before her, but she is 6 years and 6 months older than me.... Hmmmm.)  Oh, well.  I got copies of the books she drooled over the most and am giving them to her for her birthday, plus taking her and Jim out to see The Descendants at the cinema tomorrow.  Her kids, Sarah and Mike, will take us out to supper tomorrow night.  As I usually end up with a migraine after a movie in a theatre, we'll have to see whether I'm in shape to attend or not.  I might have to take meds and crawl into bed after the movie.
I hope that all of you have a great day!

No comments: