Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cold!

When I stepped out the back door this morning, the cold took my breath away.  It was 9 degrees outside, and with the wind blowing, our wind chill was -10.  I very quickly put out nuts for the squirrels and came back inside.  The kits had run outside with me, but they both went back in almost immediately.  Then I walked to the bakery; even though I was wearing my Yak Trax, I slipped and slid all over the place (due to the ice under the snow), and I decided then that I wasn't going to try to walk Rosie and Remy since the footing was so treacherous.  It started snowing about 5 yesterday evening, and the snow ended by midnight; we got about 2 1/2 inches altogether.
Remy and Rosie were rarin' to go yesterday, and we had a really good walk.  We met several new dogs, and the red kids sat and watched the strangers pass by without a growl.  I was very proud of them.  We did cut the walk short by about 5 minutes; Remy's walking motion changed, and I decided to get him home before he actually became lame.  Rosie usually roams back and forth on my right side, but yesterday she insisted on going to the left and crowding Remy all the time.  So for a short while, we were working on heeling and obedience, and then when I released the kids, Rosie stayed over on her side.  It's nice when she actually understands the object of the lesson - earlier yesterday, each time I corrected her, she'd just give me this very hurt and "but I don't understand" look.  The two blocks of heeling got her back into shape.
The sun is shining brightly, which is wonderful, considering how cold it is outside.  Lovey and Nedi are both soaking up rays in the cat tree.  I had half a bagel with cream cheese and an apple for breakfast; so I guess it's time I jumped back into Snow family tree....   Have a great day!

No comments: