Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Critter Day

The day before yesterday my blog was titled "Heat Wave", and I talked about walking the Irish Setters, the weather, the boys who deliberately ran over Canada geese, and the hit-and-run accident that left a CU student in the hospital.  The following morning, I had a comment, which I turned on (rather expectantly); I had to laugh when I found it was an ad for a dog-walking service in Plano, Texas!  Hello, commenter!  I walk dogs in Boulder, Colorado...  I certainly do not need the services of someone in Plano, Texas!  All day yesterday I found myself chuckling over the comment; someone apparently has an automated comment producer.

I head back over to Finn and Skippy tomorrow - I hope the family leaves before, or after, the Broncos game.  They are supposed to come pick me up before they leave town.  So, tomorrow is the Broncos game; Monday is the day I have to take all my paperwork into town to qualify for low-cost medical care; Wednesday I see my therapist; and Friday I see my GP and get my blood pressure medication renewed,as well as my blood drawn, so I'll be fasting after midnight.  Finn and Skippy's family are due back Thursday afternoon, so I'll have a car for most of the time.  I just hope it doesn't snow much tomorrow, as the Mini is awful to drive in the snow!  ...  There are high clouds to both the east and west, but the sun is shining, even though it's only 25 degrees outside.  But we have yet to receive any snow, and I, personally, don't think it will snow until tonight.  (It doesn't smell right for snow, at the moment.)  Lovey and Nedi are sunning in the window, and I have peanuts out for the squirrels.

I'm laughing like an idiot at the folks who are usually in the studio at KUSA (NBC) in Denver; because the National Western Stock Show officially opens today, they have had reporters at the Stock Show complex.  Most of them have been there before, and/or grew up around large animals.  A breeder brought in two young (just weaned) alpacas to visit the studio.  The breeder couldn't guarantee that the girls wouldn't relieve themselves on the floor, so the inside reporters went outside to  talk to the breeders and to visit with the young alpacas.  Before they went off the air, the female reporter said she could verify that alpacas spit and they don't smell.  At which time one of the girls dropped a large pile behind her.  The reporter sniffed, and the most awful expression crossed her face, just as the station finished the broadcast.

No comments: