Monday, January 23, 2012

It's a Boy!

Well, my football choices won and lost.  Now I want the Giants to beat the Patriots in the Superbowl.  It's just above freezing outside, the wind is not blowing, and it's sunny.  The kits have been running in and out for the past hour.  I don't know what looked in the window from the patio chair last night, but Lovey suddenly hissed and growled and struck the window. As I moved to look out, I heard the leaves rustle, but I was too slow to see anything.  I think it was either a raccoon or another cat.  In any event, it took an hour or so for Lovey to calm down, so I was playing ball with her and getting her catnip, and tussling with Nedi before we went to bed.

Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year, had her first foal this past weekend.  It was a colt, marked with a star, and weighed in at 125 pounds.  The sire was Curlin.  She is booked to visit Bernardini this year.  (It will be several months until Zenyatta has her Bernardini foal, as she slipped her first breeding.)

I'm getting ready to go on out to walk Remy and Rosie.  I hope that some of the 6- and 7-foot-tall privacy fencing that was blown down last week (the posts were broken off at ground level) have been either picked up, or cleared off the sidewalks...  It's a pain having to check each step of the dogs and me for nails - especially when whole sections are down, intact,laying for 50 to 100 foot sections across the paved sidewalks.  In some cases there isn't room to walk anywhere except on top of the fallen fences.  I'm trying to work out a good, long walk that will avoid most of the wind-created messes.

No comments: