Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Walk Dogs, Find Human Head

I have goofy mishaps frequently, which are generally caused by my not paying attention to a certain something.  All I can say is that I'm very happy I wasn't the dog walker below the famous Hollywood sign in California yesterday; she had nine dogs walking off leash, and they found a bag, which they played with.  Then the contents came out - a severed human head.  I'm afraid that my immediate response would have been, "Leave it!", followed by a closer exam, which probably would have left me saying, "How cool!"  Now, I am definitely sorry that someone, a male, has died, and that his head was removed from his body....  but I love mysteries.  And I was on a Grand Jury for 6 months that had to look into all murder and attempted murder cases, so I guess I have a gruesome turn of mind.  In any event, I'm just glad that the dogs and I were not the ones to find the head in the bag.
Along the interstate highway in Tennessee, a U-Haul truck was stopped by the highway patrol - a routine traffic stop, checking for illegal drugs.  When the rear of the U-Haul was opened, the officers found 128 living dogs, 1 living cat, and 1 dead dog locked inside.  All creatures were in open wire mesh cages, stacked on top of each other.  There was no food or water available; there was no ventilation; critters on the top of the pile relieved themselves upon those below them....  The driver of the truck and her companion were arrested on 128 animal cruelty charges.  The driver is the founder of an Animal Rescue foundation called Hearts For Hounds; their website shows they are moving from California to Virginia. One would think that someone who works in animal rescue would have better sense.  I think the ladies should both be charged with 130 counts of animal cruelty - what about the one cat and the poor, dead dog?  This is unconscionable, and I am so thankful the Tennessee troopers made this particular traffic stop!!
It's still less than 32 degrees outside, and today we have a High Wind Alert, as there are gusts blowing up to 95 mph outside.  Once again, I'm not walking the Irish kids.  I did have the patio door open, and the kits ran in and out quite a bit; but then the wind picked up again, and the curtains were being sucked out and then blown back into the apartment, and the kits were not comfortable.  So I closed the door, and cut the wind off. 
News came today that Tim Tebow played the second half of the last Broncos' games with a rib separated from his breastbone, with a bruised lung, and with fluid building up in his lung space....  That usually takes 6 to 8 weeks to recover from, so I'm happy it is the end of the season. 
I'll continue to work on the family tree today, but I'm not sure how much I can get done with so many websites being "dark" today due to the protest....

No comments: