Monday, January 16, 2012

Walking, Chasing, and Research

Expecting about an inch of snow this evening; right now, it's 20 degrees outside, with 86% humidity, so there is a definite nip in the air.  The sun is shining, and Nedi is out chasing squirrels, while Lovey is sitting on the corner of  my desk.   - Now, when I say Nedi is chasing squirrels, I must qualify it with the fact that he only moves at about half-speed, and acts more like a cattle horse going nose-to-nose with a heifer.  The squirrels can easily out-distance him, and usually run up a tree, fence, or wall, and then chatter at him.  Sometimes they get tired of running away, and charge at him.  Then Nedi will come inside and leave them alone for a while.  
I am getting ready to go walk Rosie and Remy, even though it's a holiday.  I just called the owners, and they are going to be very busy, running about today, so a walk for the red kids is welcome.  Kathy, my sister, has decided she'd like me to take her to see The Descendants for her birthday.  She wants to go Thursday night, and I told her anytime but Thursday night, (which we had discussed in detail for 30 minutes the day before) so it looks like a Friday matinee is in the offing....
I'll be watching the Super Bowl, but only for the commercials - it might be interesting if the Ravens play, but that's the only team I like that's left in the Playoffs.  And I'll be watching the ads to see if my nephews' Doritos ad was chosen to be shown.  Yesterday afternoon I started looking into the Nevins family branch on the Snow family tree - a Snow lady married a Nevins man, and they had 10 kids, but no one had ever followed up on the kids.  The first three have yielded 115 new relatives - I wonder how many more will turn up?

No comments: