Friday, January 20, 2012

Wheeeee!

We had a wind gust of 104 mph here yesterday morning.  It knocked down quite a few trees, but there has been surprisingly little damage done.  I walked the red kids at noon yesterday; we met 6 new dogs, and the Rs were acting perfectly.  And I remember at least 6 people going by and yelling, "Handsome dogs!"  Of course, there is something about a full-coated Irish Setter, with that rich red coat gleaming in the sun, that makes it look stunning...  After walking the kids and picking up my prescriptions, I returned home, had a bowl of soup, and headed off to Bonfils Blood Center, where I donated a special O- pack for babies.  (They called me just before I left to walk the Rs.)  Last night I thoroughly enjoyed watching Person of Interest while Lovey laid stretched out across my lap.  The kits are currently outside, playing in the sun and the light wind. - The Chinook blew off and on all night, but this morning, the gusts are few and far between; I'll walk the Rs at 11 today.
Kathy and I will see the movie The Descendants this afternoon, then we are due to have dinner at Radda's, and old-fashioned Italian restaurant.  I've looked at the menu and already seen the one thing that I can eat, so I know what I'll be ordering.  Yesterday, while walking the dogs, I had the theme from "Rawhide" running through my head; I hope it's something different today.
Still working on double-checking the Snow family information - have found 3 parental mistakes so far, and am trying to find the real names of the parents that were reported incorrectly.   I've been able to track down two sets of parents, but haven't been able to trace the third set.  They have been reported incorrectly in both the LDS and Rootsweb databases, and the man is not listed in any Census until he is 34 years old.  No one with that surname, those Christian names, nor that birth date are anywhere in the previous Census records.  I'm about to let this guy slide until my next checking trip....

No comments: