Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008's Last Day

It doesn't seem possible that this is the last day of 2008. Time sure seems to pass faster now than when I was younger. Of course, my mind still sees me as being about 11 years old - even though my body grumbles that it's more like 111- and I hope to hold onto my curiosity for a good long while. History and wildlife continue to hold me tightly bound, and I have finally gotten to the stage that I accept my entire appearance - this is how my genes worked out, and I cannot change it, nor do I wish to try.

I managed to pick up most items in the back yard yesterday afternoon, after the wind blew itself out. And this morning I continued my cleaning by picking up all the trash that had blown into the front and side yards; Rosie and Remy helped in the backyard, but they watched me through windows while I worked in the front. I was the middle of a sandwich in bed last night - as far as I know, we all slept like logs. I read to the kids about the Zulu uprising against the Boers in 1876 in the evening - it was extremely interesting, and held both of the Irish kids' attention.

I'm currently at my place - the kits are out running like mad in the backyard. I need to sweep and bag about 3 bushels of leaves that are on the patio - and get rid of the few odds and ends left from yesterday's whirlwind. At least Boulder didn't get socked in by tumbleweeds! Up in Greeley, several homes were completely wrapped in tumbleweeds up to their roofs! Still planning a quiet, laid-back New Year's Eve... and a very quiet New Year's Day, too. Should I, or should I not, make Hoppin' John tomorrow? Hmmmm.... I'll have to think about it.

I can't guarantee that I'll blog tomorrow, so if I do not, hold this wish with you until morning: May the New Year be filled with love, laughter and luck for you and yours! Best wishes from Betty, Banichi and Leofgifu.

No comments: