Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Orleans snow

Yesterday ended up sunny and bright and that's the way today has started. I've taken the girls, Suki and Boo, for their walk, then had to run home to collect my watch, as I left it here last night when I showered. I'll walk Rosie and Remy at 9, then I have an appointment with Jed at 11:30. I plan on spending this afternoon at home.

Our public library decided that since the VHS tape collection wasn't being checked out very much anymore, they would sell the tapes to the public for $1 each. They had quite a few that I have liked to possess, so I was looking forward to the sale, which started at 10 a.m. Monday. Of course, I saw Colleen at 10:10 - or was supposed to; I actually was seen at 11:40, and got to the library at 12:15 - all that was left were taped copies of the County Commission meetings! Neel, a neighbor who works at the library, said it was mayhem for 35 minutes - and then everything was gone. I definitely believe it! I had hoped to pick up copies of Poldark, Flambards, I, Claudius, and Brother Cadfael. No way.

It's currently snowing in New Orleans, according to our weatherman - it used to be a really big event when it snowed in Florida. A tornado tore through the town of Windsor, to our northeast, several months ago; the high school band was just informed that they were selected to march and play at President-elect Obama's Inaugural Parade. They are sky-high right now, as are a group of drill-team horseback riders from Fort Collins, who will also participate in the Parade.
Will write more later! Have to hit the road to get to Rosie and Remy!

No comments: