Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Light snow is falling...

What a morning! I have an unknown cat in my bathroom - another non-descript brown and black tabby, who has been de-clawed. I had just arrived here this morning when Jim, the maintenance man, knocked on the door and asked if I was missing a cat; there was one huddled in the corner of the north stairs landing and it looked scared to death. Both of my kits had been in my lap when Jim had knocked, so I went to look out of curiosity. A very nice, well-kept cat crawled into my lap and hid his head under my arm - so I brought him home and reported him to the new apartment manager. The new manager says a man reported his cat missing last night, so he'll let the guy know I have his cat. (This is the third manager in three months...) No-name is in the bathroom with food, water and a litter box. Lovey and Banichi spent 45 minutes sitting at the door, trying to get inside... the other cat has hidden himself in the back corner cabinet behind the toilet tissue.

I took Suki and Boo for a 5 mile walk this morning - at least I can shed my layers of covering when I get warm - It's snowing lightly here; birds are at the feeders, squirrels are gobbling peanuts and almonds; the fox looked in at the patio door this morning, but it was closed. (I do not want it to get too tame and trusting of people.) Yesterday evening, I had to giggle: Silver, the Weimareiner, started grooming me like I was another dog - licks and little nips with the front teeth to get fleas (!?) and burrs out of my "coat" (which was actually my arm). That means I've been accepted totally....

I'm completely covered with cat and dog hair at this point in time - I need to shower and change before heading back to Suki and Boo's. I have just finished a book on the history of fox-hounds and fox hunting in Virginia; and I've also recently enjoyed the latest Clive Cussler novel in the Oregon series and the latest Sister Jane book by Rita Mae Brown. I'm about to dive into an FBI thriller by Catherine Coulter titled Tail Spin. Then I'll finish up the atevi series by C J Cherryh (again), and it's time to start on Tolkein's most famous 4 again, as well. - Plus, of course, anything that strikes my fancy in the library while I'm wandering...

Happy reading and researching to all my readers!

No comments: