Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It was 9 inches of snow!

The weather folks said that Boulder got 9.1 inches of snow over the past 36 hours... Currently it's cloudy outside, but the sun is shining, and it's 27 degrees; supposed to go up to the mid-40s through Sunday, when our high might be freezing and the forecast calls for more snow. We need the snow, rain, or whatever.... I am definitely not complaining!

The squirrels stayed home yesterday - I've had two here this morning, eating. Lovey and Banichi have decided it's not their kind of weather and, after one quick foray onto the patio, came right back inside. We had a very good nap together yesterday afternoon, and I fell asleep on the sofa in Kathy's den last night, and spent 30 minutes frantically searching for my glasses, with both Suki and Boo trying to help. The ache of a broken bone is finally setting in; the ER docs wanted to give me some painkillers, but I declined the offer. My biggest problem is getting the truck shifted out of park and into drive (and vice versa) - it takes both of my hands.

Since I told the heating company that they didn't have to worry about the pipes freezing at K & J's house, they are coming back to fix the furnace on Friday. Bill, the man who worked on it last Friday, had written a note on the change of the igniter that he thought the problem might also be tied into a fouled burner, so Sally, the office manager, had one already on order for me. They really are a nice company! So if you're in the Boulder area, please support Meyers Heating Co.! I pick Kathy and Jim up at the Denver Airport on Sunday morning - that guarantees a late post for the blog.... but then I'll be home with my kits for 5 whole days! Neither they nor I will know what to do with ourselves.

I had planned on getting Christmas cards out this year - but since I can't write, that is now out the window. And I'll be e-mailing my soldier in Iraq until I can actually put pen to paper (legibly) again. I mean, I could sign and address cards, but I'm not sure the PO could deliver them, or that folks would be able to decipher the signature...

No comments: