Thursday, December 11, 2008

Body Audit

Jed was running late today - his boss quit the Mental Health Center, and he's having to cover patients at a home, as well as his usual bunch. Boo has put muddy pawprints all over the lower part of my pink shirt, and Lovey has finished decorating the top. The patio door is open, but both kits are inside; even with temps in the 50s today, there's still plenty of snow left on the ground. Rosie and Remy were eager and pulling on their leashes this morning - there was something in the west wind that made them want to run all out in that direction (all I know is that it made my eyes tear up).

So, the kidney-shaped bone that connects my thumb and wrist is broken, as are two bones along the inside portion of the wrist. No wonder it hurts. (The hospital called to confirm this today - that the bones are broken, not that it hurts.) I showered at home last night, with a newspaper snow bag covering the cast, and three rubber bands keeping the elbow area water-proof. Gosh, my body looks weird! I couldn't figure out why I have scabs on my knees; then realized it was from falling in the parking lot the last Tuesday in November. Then there are garishly colored bruises from my most recent tumble - some are bright purple, some green, some yellow, and a few small spots are almost cranberry-color. Yiiiisssshhhh!!! No wonder I don't look too closely too often!

I did finish all my Christmas shopping, except for the fresh fruit for the Snow family brunch on Saturday, Dec. 27th. I pick up Kathy and Jim from DIA late Sunday morning, and want them to drop me off at home ASAP. For once they won't get a written report of what happened - I simply will not put myself through the pain and hardship of writing. Do I sound anxious for their return? Right you are! And for purely personal reasons.

No comments: