Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

It's quiet, grey and overcast today; the morning walk was spooky, as there were no other people out and about... I guess they were sleeping off yesterday's celebrations, or were out shopping to get post-Christmas bargains at the malls. The ravens and crows were out in force, but the smaller birds were out of sight; I did see squirrels, a couple of raccoons, two fox, and a feral cat. We're expecting a few snow showers this afternoon and evening - but the western mountains are experiencing blizzard conditions with winds up to 80 mph along with the snowfall.

Yesterday was a relaxed day. Sarah is in Santa Fe with her gentleman; so it was Kathy, Jim, Mike and I getting together for the family celebration. We had brunch at 1 in the afternoon, and what would normally have been lunch at 5:30. We walked the dogs as a family, and ran into Rosie and Remy and their folks out at the same time. Kathy acted as chauffeur and drove Mike and I back to our respective houses after dark. I curled up with my kits and fell asleep early in the evening.

Other than going out to have my thumb and wrist X-rayed this afternoon, I intend to spend all the time with my kits, as I begin my stay with the Irish kids tomorrow. And tomorrow is the Snow Clan gathering for Christmas brunch at Kathy's. Grandma Anne will come down from Sugarloaf Mountain, Laura and Jim will arrive from Fort Collins, Kathy and Rich will come in from Longmont, Dave and Tracie will bring the Niwot crew, and various and sundry friends and cousins will also be in attendance.

Have a happy Boxing Day!

No comments: