Saturday, December 6, 2008

Furnace fixed.... - Or is it?

Just checked my e-mail again, and there's a note from a guy (apparently in Peru with Kathy and Jim) with very direct instructions from Jim - even telling me what component hasn't been working correctly. The problem is, he says to call Bernie's and use a coupon; I called Meyer's and didn't. Bill, the man from Meyers, replaced the igniter on the furnace yesterday and turned the thermostat up and down, turning the furnace on and off a few times - it worked well. It was one when I left to run errands yesterday afternoon - including seeing and feeding Lovey and Banichi and our outdoor buddies. When I returned, the furnace was still working; last night, it seemed as if it was getting very chilly inside, so I checked the thermostat - 58 degrees. Rats! I turned the thermostat and heard it click; there was a faint roar, like the furnace had turned on, but no air came through the vents - warm, cool, or otherwise. That's the way it stands now... and I called last night and asked Meyers to return sometime Monday - Friday to figure out what was needed.... Do I cancel them? Do I now call Bernie's? Woe is me! What do I do? My little grey pony has lost a shoe!

Suki is getting frantic in her avoidance of Boo right now - Boo sleeps in her crate, so Suki does get 8 hours of respite, but I do feel for her - and frequently try to keep Boo distracted so that Suki can hide under the bed or get into a defensive corner. Lovey and Banichi are very happy here at home, so I don't think I'll move them - what with Boo being in season and Suki being so snappy - of course, they do seem to miss me, and are stuck like glue to me when I get home for a few hours. I miss them terribly - I miss their little burbles and mews they make for attention, I miss their bodies in bed with me, I miss Banichi grooming my hair and Lovey burrowing under the covers and grabbing my toes. And I have another 8 days with Suki and Boo before getting to spend a few days and nights at home. Five days at home, and then I see Lucy and Pepper...

We're supposed to have a pretty warm weekend - temps in the 50s, lows in the 30s; then Monday and Tuesday we're expecting snow again, with highs in the 30s and lows in the teens. At least I now know that I can keep the pipes from freezing at Kathy's and don't have to worry about that. I walked over to Lucky's (a grocery store) the other night, and found myself with three does and a buck mule deer in front of me. They just ambled along at a walk ahead of me, and although they had multiple opportunities to turn off into the woods and/or yards, they just walked ahead of me for about a mile.... I felt like a shepherd, only with deer (maybe I mean a Laplander?)....

I have to go see Colleen and get my hypertension medicine renewed Monday morning; Thursday I get to talk to Jed for 30 minutes; and a week after Jed I see Nancy for an hour - you can't say I'm neglecting myself, seeing all my Docs and therapists within an 11 day period. In February, it'll be time for the kits to see the vet for their yearly check-ups and shots, tags and registrations. Since I live in the City, the kits have to have their rabies tags as well as a city of Boulder registration tag. Of course, the tags live in a drawer in my desk, since the kits don't wear collars unless we're traveling.

Have a great weekend! (And - Gooooooo Gators!)

No comments: