Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gator Bait!

I have to admit that Kathy and Jim's neighbors were treated (?) to a rousing rendition of "We Are the Boys From Old Florida" at the end of the SEC Championship game yesterday evening, as I went out to check the mail. At one point in time, the announcer said, "With 7 minutes to go in the final quarter, the Gators are ahead by 4 points." I sassed right back to him, "Yeah! And it'll soon be 11 points!" I was tremendously pleased with myself when the Gators did win by 11 points!

I'm currently at my place, with the patio door open - a squirrel is giving Lovey what-for from the fence, and Banichi is under one of the peanut chairs. I swept my patio today for the first time in 2 weeks; I was amazed by the amount of dirt that had blown in... There were tons of leaves, a few bird feathers, and some paper trash that had blown in, too - but I swept out over 2 cups full of plain old dirt.... I know the kits are partly to blame, because they love to go roll in the dirt and grass - but I was really surprised there was so much dirt...

Boo is still driving Suki crazy. I took Suki upstairs with me last night while I worked on the computer, and left Boo downstairs. When we came down, Boo was comfortably asleep in the recliner in the living room, and Suki had gotten a respite for 2 hours... The furnace is still not blowing air through the vents, but it is running, so I guess it'll keep the pipes from freezing. We come under a Winter Weather Advisory at 6 tonight, and are expecting more snow Monday and Tuesday. I think I might make a pumpkin pie this afternoon (while the Broncos play)...

PC World, the magazine, has listed the 11 worst blogs found on the internet - I'm happy to say I wasn't included. - And, I mentioned a few days ago that I had just read a Clive Cussler book and was beginning a C. Coulter FBI thriller; the Cussler book was about the Oregon, a ship captained by Juan Cabrillo, and I laughed myself silly when I read in the Coulter novel, TailSpin, that the pilot had been reading a "Juan Cabrillo novel"!! Might Ms. Coulter enjoy reading Mr. Cussler's books? I certainly enjoy both! (And, thank you, Kathryn, for pointing me at Ms. Coulter!)
I'm walking Rosie and Remy in the morning, then heading to see Colleen; I might not get my blog up until the afternoon - but it will, as Manuel always said, 'ee-ven-tual-lee" get posted.

No comments: