Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At Home

I arrived home around 2 this morning, got all my stuff in, and then loved Lovey while Neddy was crying at my feet. Lovey still thinks Neddy is a little demon - doesn't want to be in the same room with him, and definitely not on the same surface (as the bed, or my body). Lovey can't understand why I brought this interloper home yet - but I'm certain that in time she will enjoy his company. It took a while to get everyone settled, and before I fell asleep. Then I had to be at the hospital at 7 for my ultrasound, so I didn't get much sleep. Got through the test and realized that I was asleep on my feet, so I cancelled walking Rosie and Remy. Got home and went back to bed. Lovey got into bed with me and stayed, purring, on my chest until Neddy decided to join us. - I don't know when I'll find out about the ultrasound results; but the MDs office did call me this afternoon and said only that I just needed to have my LFTs drawn again (the lab work that needed to be done "immediately"). The nurse couldn't figure out why I was upset with that word and told me that people just don't get their labs done unless it sounds important. I was ticked off.
My apartment building is under a Flood Watch, along with a lot of Boulder County - snow melt due to high temperatures has caused flooding throughout much of Colorado. The water took out a bridge across Boulder Creek in the western end of the Canyon, and authorities were afraid that the water would back up behind the bridge debris and then burst outward and down. However, the county workers have been able to remove the bridge, and the chance of a blasting flood has decreased significantly. (Neddy is curled up on the corner of the desk, giving me love blinks.) ... In horse news, Rachel Alexandra is expected to run Saturday at Churchill Downs. She currently has 11 wins and 4 seconds to her name. On Sunday, at Hollywood Park in the 1 1/8 miles Vanity Handicap, Zenyatta will defend her 16 race undefeated streak. Zenyatta will carry 129 pounds, while her rivals will carry anywhere from 112 to 120 pounds. If Zenyatta wins on Sunday, she will become the only race horse in North America to have won 17 consecutive races. (The 16 race undefeated streak belongs to co-holders Cigar, Citation, and Mister Frisky - and Zenyatta.)

No comments: