Monday, June 28, 2010

Good Books

I spent most of yesterday afternoon on the patio - reading, watching the kits play, and playing with them. Neddy is growing in leaps and bounds, and Lovey is teaching him how to climb trees and to use shadows and shade as a hiding spot from which to attack. I've finished reading the biography of John S. Mosby, as well as the sixth book in the mystery series by Ann Ripley, The Silent Spirit by Maragret Coel (a new Father John and Vicki Holden book), and I've almost completed The Crack in the Lens by Steve Hockensmith. It's 72 outside, and the humidity is 50%. We're expecting highs in the mid-90s all week (and least, as the temperature rises, the humidity usually falls - last week it was 100 degrees, but the humidity was only 7%).
I'm home through Thursday morning, then I'll be staying with Lizzie and Maggie, a couple of doors down from Suki and Boo and my kits - so I'll be splitting my time between the two houses without having to run back to the apartment each day. It will be interesting to see the reactions of Neddy, Suki, and Boo, to each other. I'm about to head out to walk Remy and Rosie before it gets too warm for all of us. When I return home, I plan to upload my photos of Neddy and this past weekend. I hope to be able to use some of the photos for the blog later this week. - And I had to laugh Saturday morning: I wrote about the graffiti on some local fences in this blog on Friday; on Saturday, the graffiti was a front page headline in the local paper. What are they doing? Following my blog?

No comments: