Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bits and Pieces

While walking this morning, I was happy to note that on Niwot Ridge and on the Indian Peaks, one still sees about 50% of the snow that was there earlier.  The snow melt is going slowly, and that's good news for us who live along Boulder Creek.  The St. Vrain Rivers, up in Lyons, have been closed to any type of recreational swimming, canoeing, or kayaking - the Rivers are just running too strong to be safe.  ...  The Maxwell Fire is 70% contained as of this morning at 9 a.m.  ...  Nedi was having a great time with a common garter snake out in the back yard earlier.  Every time he'd dab a paw at it, it would whip it's body around in a tangle, and try to flick him with it's tail.  It was very interesting to watch.  I put him inside to go shopping (for the kitties), and he hasn't yet come across the snake again.   Lovey has apparently decided that the time to fight with Mocha is between 3 and 6 a.m. on a daily basis. Thank goodness I fell asleep soon after going to bed, because I sure haven't slept much (if any) since 3 this morning. - I'll probably end up napping at Lucy's this afternoon.
Speaking of Lucy's, I'm disappointed in the two young folks that have been/are staying at her house.  I called the girl "taking care of" Lucy three times, and left messages explaining who I was, and why I wanted her to call me back. She never did.  And the young man living in the basement has not returned my calls, either.  So I'm just going to show up in a couple of hours and move on in. (With the owner's blessing.)
I can say that my fistula surgery failed again.  The spot kept bleeding for three days, post-op, when it should have been "sealed." And, since then,  it's putting out it's usual assortment of mucus, pus, and blood.  I'm really getting tired of this. I see Dr. Pohlman again on Tuesday, 5 July, for the follow-up after surgery.  I'll see if he wants to re-do the surgery the last two weeks of July, or wait until September - I'm booked for every day of August, but am free the last 14 days of July, other than dog-walking.  MediCare is paying for 80% of the cost of each surgery,  and I have to pay the rest; you'd think that the government boys would wise up and realize that this surgery is NOT working on my body...  Hopefully, we'll soon get to an approved procedure that will work! (Snarl, snarl!)

No comments: