Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Lapful of MeyToch

Rats!  I left my camera at the Chandler house, and the photos I took of the menagerie yesterday are on it's memory card.  I did have a fun morning, as MeyToch decided that my lap (I was sitting in a hanging hammock chair) was the place to be.  First thing he did was put his little butt right next to my nose - just like the cats always do. Then he sat down with his rump on my shoulder, and looked out over his new kingdom.  He jumped on and off me, and has decided that the black soles of my shoes are the best things to butt.  That decision caught me off guard, as I was looking at Hazel when MeyToch first butted the sole of my shoe and sent the chair and me banging up against the side of the house! The pups and chickens and bees are doing great - and I'm watering the gardens before 6:30 each morning, so they look fine.
Lovey has decided she does not like the scent of the hen house on my shoes - she keeps trying to cover them, like mess in her litter box.  Nedi and Mocha just want love and attention. ...  Boulder Creek has been closed to tubing, rafting, swimming and body surfing because of the unusually high and rapid water flow.  Canoes and kayaks are still allowed, though.  ...  And we have a really weird guy out here.  He was first spotted hiding in the holding tank of a portable toilet at a yoga festival (in Boulder, naturally) - for some reason, a female user looked down and saw the guy's face.  It was reported, and the guy took off.  He was finally captured in Aspen, still with dried feces on his body.  He claims he started his "potty peeking" when he was traveling in Europe as a college student (he's 30 now), and that he has several permanent places where he "peeks."  The Boulder police have actually found several of his hiding places.  This guy claims that he wants to start a new religion of "woman as Goddess", and that the mysteries of her body are the best way to get to know her....  (GAG!) 
All I know is that it's summer.  It's getting warmer and warmer - and one of my clients, who has already hired someone else to stay in their home and care for their dog, has now asked me to stop by several times a day, too - as she thinks Lucy won't be cared for correctly by the new hire.  This is definitely an "Oy, veh" situation!

No comments: