Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Healing and Resting

Nedi appeared about an hour after Kathy left.  He was very nonchalant about it, nibbled a bit of food, drank some water, and then wandered out onto the patio.  Lovey was funny - she stayed beside me and kept Kathy "at bay."  Instead of my usual 5-mile early morning walk, I only did 3 miles this morning.  More than half of the snow has melted from the Indian Peaks and Niwot Ridge, and Neva's Mount is now turning green with new growth.  I'm staying home and not walking the Irish kids today - I'll just take it easy and fool around with the kits, as I start caring for the Chandlers' critters tomorrow.  Alexy had informed me that the Chandlers had an alpaca - but they don't.  It's just Victor and Xena, the two pups ( a little less than a year old), the rooster and chickens (8 older hens: one who just hatched 5 chicks, and another two are on their nests; and 10 10-week old pullets), Hazel the momma goat, and MeyToch, her 5-week old kid. Plus there are the 3 bee hives and the gardens...  I'll go over early tomorrow and be back to stay at home on Sunday afternoon - of course, I'll be visiting my kits for several hours each day. Then I start at the Thore house on Wednesday - taking care of Tessa, Lilli, Lyra, and Dhisana (not to mention the koi, bees, and the gardens). I must say that I'm rarely bored!
~I haven't yet rejected either the fibrin patches or the glue yet - I hope that means it'll work this time around.~
There are over 400 wildfires burning in the state of Florida alone  -  it's amazing to me that the entire country isn't going up in smoke (except where we have all the flooding, of course).  Is my memory that bad, or did I not pay attention to these things in earlier years?  Because it seems to me that our droughts, wildfires, and floods, the tornadoes, winds, rains, and lightning (and we're just entering the hurricane season) seem to be growing in numbers and intensities...  One of Mother Nature's many cycles?  And then the solar scientists say that the sun will soon enter a cooling trend, and we might well have another "Little Ice Age" coming up. **Sigh** I don't know what to believe anymore.  I'll just have to accept whatever happens!

No comments: