Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bloody Fistula

I awoke this morning feeling damp - and when I actually got up, I saw blood all over the bed - well, the middle of it, anyway. My fistula decided to bleed this morning. I see Dr. Pohlman at 2:40 tomorrow and we'll probably decide to do more surgery next week. (Oh, joy; oh, joy!) I didn't feel like walking the Irish kids, so I cancelled that; but I did make it to the meeting with the Mental Health Financial Counselor. Since I've been in Boulder, the cost for me to visit my psychiatrist and/or my therapist has been between $15 to $20 per session. After this new year, my co-pay to see the psychiatrist became $25.81, and the cost to see the therapist rose to $48.78 - and I usually see the therapist much more frequently than the PhD. So I've seen Dr. Shapiro three times this year, but my therapist only once. After taking in my bank statements, bills, etc, I will now pay $5 to see the therapist and $10 for the shrink. That's thanks to all the money I'm paying to Boulder Community Hospital and their MDs for "helping me" with the blasted fistula..... Ah, well; everything in life is interconnected....
The patio door is wide open, and Nedi is sitting in the doorway, while Lovey is having a bath on the top of the cat tree. Mocha is asleep in her bed under the kitchen table. I move in with the red kids tomorrow, and will also be taking care of Tugger and Sasquatch on Redwood at the same time. Both sets of folks leave tomorrow morning and return Sunday afternoon. I'll be baking brownies tomorrow evening for my friendly gang of bus drivers while I'm at the Rs'. Which reminds me, I need to find out when I'm due at Riverside tomorrow.
**Nehro, who finished second in the Kentucky Derby, Louisianna Derby, and Ohio Derby and fourth in the Belmont, had surgery to remove bone chips in his ankle today. ... Shackleford might be running in the West Virginia Derby. ... And the jockey on Isn't He Perfect (in the Belmont), Rajiv Maragh, has received a 10 day riding suspension for "dangerous riding" in that race. The stewards have decreed that Maragh allowed Isn't He Perfect to swerve to the right when leaving the gate at the starting bell; he then pushed Mucho Macho Man into the path of Animal Kingdom, causing those two colts to clip heels. Animal Kingdom, who's jockey was almost unseated and lost his stirrups due to the collision, and was never a contender in the race, after being the betting favorite. ....

No comments: