Monday, June 20, 2011

Winter Weather Advisory

No, I'm not joking!  There is a Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Boulder County today - warning of snow at 8,000 feet or higher. (Boulder sits at 5,300 to 5,800 feet.)  It's 50 degrees out this morning, the humidity is at 80%, and winds are from the northwest at 20 to 30 mph (with possible gusts up to 50 mph).  I'll be wearing a sweater and my raincoat when I leave the house this morning.  I'm due at the Chandler's at 9 to find out when to feed what to whom - two pups, less than a year old; the rooster and hens; momma goat and her 4 week old baby; and the alpaca. (The honey bees I just keep supplied with water.)  Then I will, hopefully, walk the red kids - Rosie scratched at her chest all yesterday, and they might be going to the vet's this morning.  Then I need to pick up a block of cheddar cheese that I accidentally left behind at Tugger and Sasquatch's.  Then home to finish doing laundry and tidying up for tomorrow. - And I have to call the RN and do a pre-op interview this afternoon, too.
~ Unrivaled Belle, who won the Breeders Cup Distaff last year, has been retired from racing.  She reared and fell over backward, breaking her withers, before a race Saturday.  She'll spend 5 to 6 weeks in stall-rest, and will then be vanned back to Florida to become a broodmare at her home farm.
~We had rain, lightning and thunder for most of last night and this morning.  Lovey and Nedi stayed under the bed covers with me during the thunder and lightning.  Then, around 3 this morning, Lovey decided to pick a fight with Mocha, which I had to break up.  Generally, they just hiss at each other and keep on moving - but Lovey cornered Mocha in the bathroom.  No one got hurt, but I'm sure the cries and howls of the cat fight did not endear me to the neighbors!
~Probably no blog entry tomorrow - if I feel well enough, I might post something in the late afternoon or early evening.  We'll just have to see.

No comments: