Saturday, April 13, 2013

Critters

Boo has a great time when it's muddy outside - takes forever to get her clean and dry again!

Maggie always looks startled

Mustang stallion in Utah

Red fox
Last night, around 11 p.m., I was walking back to Maggie's having taken Boo out for a final bathroom break, when I heard the sound of two running animals coming from my left.  I was walking on the edge of the residential street and there are no street lights in the area.  They critters were coming closer, and I was amazed to have a red fox run across my right shoe.  The fox was breathing very heavily and running at full speed; then the chaser appeared - a coyote. I turned toward the coyote, waved my hands and yelled.  The coyote put on the brakes and retreated back into Olivier's yard.  I stood there for a few minutes, hoping to give the fox another chance at a full life.  Then I walked back to Maggie's, not hearing the coyote cross the street.



No comments: