Thursday, April 18, 2013

Various Thoughts

It's a bright, sunny morning and the temperature is 16 degrees. I'm sitting at my desk, with the patio door opened 8 inches, so the kits can run in and out. We have multiple squirrels visiting for nuts, but so far, none of them have entered the apartment today. We had another 6 inches of snow fall yesterday, so that I can report we have had 35 inches of snow since the beginning of this month - 18 days ago. Yeah!
   Remy has an acupuncture treatment at 10:15 this morning, so I'll be out walking Rosie while Dr. Katie is doing therapy with him. My friend reports that Tugger isn't doing very well, so I'll spend the next three nights with him and Sasquatch; they are sweet boys. Nedi usually comes and goes from the bed during the night - I've always thought that either he was too warm to stay, or that I toss and turn too much - but he has spent most of each night with me recently... Lovey wants to sleep with her head on my shoulder, as is normal for her.
   The Antares rocket did not "Roar From the Shore" last night as planned. Twelve minutes before lift-off an umbilical line for the second-stage of the rocket fell away. Wallops has rescheduled the flight for Friday evening. .... The woman accused of being an accomplice in the Accomack Arson fires has been denied bail, as has her male counterpart.
  This year is the 40th anniversary of Secretariat's win of the Triple Crown races. Maryland will kick off the celebrations on May 14th, with a round-table discussion including Penney Chenery and Ron Turcotte. .... In this year's Derby, Gary Stevens will be riding Oxbow, while Calvin Borel has been chosen as the jock for Revolutionary.
   Last, my thoughts, prayers and love are extended to those folks who live (and lived) in West, Texas. The massive explosion of the fertilizer tank yesterday afternoon was an unthinkable occurrence. They deserve our support.

No comments: