Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Snow - and Black Caviar

We received nearly 14 inches of snow yesterday, and awoke to a temperature of 5 degrees this morning. I read and played on the computer and quilted throughout our snow day. I'm back home visiting my kits, having fed Maggie and myself at her house. When I arrived here this morning, I loved and fed the kits, opened the patio door for them to check out the cold and the snow, fed the outside critters, and cleaned the kits potty boxes.
  I'm looking forward to the re-run of Sunday nights' episode of Vikings tonight on the History Channel. Last night I totally enjoyed the new NCIS episode on CBS.
  Not much going on around here due to the snow... In horse racing news, jockey Ryan Mania was released from the hospital yesterday, after his fall Sunday at Hexham; he has a small fracture in one of his vertebrae and has torn and damaged ligaments in his neck. ..... In Australia, the half-brother of Black Caviar, a yearling, sold at auction for $5 million (Australian). It's the highest price ever paid at auction for an unraced colt (in Australia). .... And Black Caviar is scheduled to run Saturday at Royal Randwick in Sydney in the $1 million Darley T. J. Smith Stakes. Ten competitors are set to challenge her 24-race winning streak. Black Caviar likes a dry race course, and there has been rain early this week. If the course is deemed "too soft" by her trainer, she will be scratched. If she runs, it's her 25th try to stay undefeated. A true record.

No comments: