Sunday, February 15, 2015

Snow, Glorious Snow

The temperature here is 32 degrees (F), which means it's freezing.  Actually, it doesn't feel too bad, because we're still somewhat dry, but the clouds are rolling in, even as I type this. The weather forecasters are saying that we'll have about three and a half inches of snow on the ground by midnight, and then another 3 to 6 inches will fall tomorrow...  We'll see.  At least I'm not as cold as some of my friends and relatives are: 32 in Boulder, Colorado; 13 on Chincoteague Island, Virginia; 12 in Newton, Illinois; 59 in Vero Beach, Florida; 55 in Gainesville, Florida; and  (brrrrrr!) 19 in Wichita, Kansas.  Snow is in the forecast for all the cities, except those in Florida, either today, tomorrow, and/or Tuesday.  Boulder and Wichita can really use the snow - not sure about Chincoteague and Newton.  Ah, well.  (Personally, I'd love for 2 to 3 feet of snow to fall!)
   The sun is shining in through the window, and is causing Nedi to look like he's multi-colored, and not just black. I see red tones, and blue tones, and some of his longer coat hairs are gleaming silver.  He's watching the squirrels and birds in the back yard.  Lovey is curled up in a sunny spot on the bed.  Since she's a brown tabby, I see white, black, browns, tans, reds, and greys in her coat. They are my lovely children.
   Kathy, my sister, will try returning to work tomorrow.  She's scheduled to be at work for 6.5 hours, and, depending, on how she feels and is able to perform, she's scheduled for an 8.5 hour shift on Wednesday.  Kathy has her last physical therapy appointment on Tuesday.  Thursday, her husband, Jim, has several appointments scheduled, and Kathy will go with him to those.  Friday, the 20th, will be her first Taxol chemotherapy treatment - the first of 12 on each Friday.  She is scheduled to go back to work again the following Monday, and then work through Thursday.  I hope that she feels well enough to do so.
   I'm heading off to walk Tess this morning, and then meet Beatrice at Turley's Kitchen for brunch at 11 this morning.  I'm scheduled to walk Tess again this afternoon, but the owner, who requested twice a day walks on Thursday morning, has cancelled both walks on Friday, and yesterday afternoon's walk. I may, or may not, be walking Tess at all today.  If it's snowing tomorrow, Rosie's walk is cancelled.  Her owners will decide whether or not we walk on Tuesday; it will depend on icing in their neighborhood.
   I'm really looking forward to this Thursday night's television offerings - with one troubling thing...  The Blacklist is showing on NBC from 8 to 9 p.m.; How To Get Away With Murder is on ABC from 9 to 10 p.m. - The problem is that the first episode of the third season of Vikings is shown  twice that night on the History Channel.  The first broadcast is from 8 to 9:05 p.m.; the second showing is from 9:05 until 10:10 p.m.  I do not have Tivo, DVR capacity, or the ability to use my old VCR to tape one of these shows.  I usually watch the two airings of Vikings back-to-back, to be certain I don't miss anything...  What to do, what to do....  At least I have a dilemma in wanting to watch a few good shows!
 

No comments: