Friday, February 6, 2015

Stuff

It's already 44 degrees (F) this morning, and the weather guys are predicting a high near 70 in Boulder, over 70 in Denver.  Almost all the snow that fell on Wednesday has melted, and we're expecting highs in the upper 60s for several days.  February is certainly strange this year.  We had a high of 62 degrees yesterday, but one year ago, the high for the day was -1, with a low of -19.
  I heard a helicopter circling overhead yesterday afternoon, and wondered what was happening, but the Denver news station informed me, in less than three minutes, that a large truck had overturned on the bank of Boulder Creek, and a huge Caterpillar backhoe has holding the truck in place, so it wouldn't fall into the Creek.  That was three blocks from my apartment - along the edge of Folsom Field, where the University of Colorado Buffaloes play football. They've been working on the sports area for more than a year, and I'm amazed that there haven't been any more accidents.  What was really interesting was that the Boulder Fire Fighters and Boulder Police learned about the accident via the television coverage - no one had bothered to call an emergency number.  That's being investigated by OSHA at this time.
  I just saw the young, grey marmalade tom moving along the fence line.  He's been trying to catch a squirrel for the past month, and though he occasionally gets close, he's never yet caught one.  I do feel sorry for the poor boy - I think he needs a lot more human company and plain old loving.  If I go out to visit him now, since Lovey whaled the daylights out of him, he runs.  I don't blame him.  I certainly have Lovey's scent all over me, since she sleeps on top of me, on my towels, on my clean and dirty clothes, and has to walk all over my chest and legs each morning after I'm dressed.
   Heading out shortly to catch the bus and go walk Rosie and Lucy Lu.  I received an e-mail from Rosie's female owner late last night, asking if I was available for more time spent with, and walking, Rosie today and tomorrow.  The owner has been ill for two weeks, and her husband will be away, so I told her I'd happily be there - all she has to do is let me know when, and for how long...
   I loved  the new episodes of The Blacklist and How To Get Away With Murder last night.  So many twists and turns...  We know that Red has burn scars on his back, and I had decided that he was there, the night Lizzie's house burned down.  Last night we found out that her memories have been tampered with.  So, is Red actually her father?  Did he fire the gun that night?  And what is "the Fulcrum?" And, oh, the twists and turns on Viola Davis' show - wow!  The writers really have me hooked!

No comments: