Monday, February 2, 2015

Mishmash

 I have to agree with Cris Collinsworth last night - what possessed the Seahawks to try a pass play, when all they had to do was hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch once or twice and they'd win the game?  The stupidity of that play will stand in solitude for a long time....  If you don't know by now, the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl by a four point margin, after an interception of a pass play on the half-yard line that coaches told Russell Wilson to play.  Marshawn Lynch was unstoppable running last night, and I just don't know why they didn't let him run it in....
   I am still trying to grasp the fact that a 3-year-old child, while rummaging in his mother's purse for an i-phone, pulled out a pistol and shot both his father and mother with one bullet.  The couple and their son, and younger daughter, were living in a hotel room in New Mexico.  The bullet struck the man in the buttocks, then went through his pregnant wife's shoulder.  Police have ruled the shooting accidental, but are thinking of bringing criminal negligence charges against the parents.  The boy's sister was unharmed.
   On the Eastern Shore of Maryland, a young man struck a deer on a two-lane road in the Pocomoke Forest.  The deer had two broken hind legs, and the young man was going to kill the deer, with a gun,  to end its' suffering.  Another car came along, saw the scene, and stopped.  The passenger from the second car approached the young man from the first car  and began yelling at him to let nature take it's course.  I don't know what the rest of the exchange was, but the young man with the gun shot buckshot into the passenger from the second car, and then shot him again in the back of his legs, as the passenger ran back to his car.  The passenger went home, called the police and an ambulance, and was taken to the hospital for treatment.  The two people had the license tag number of the first car, and gave that to the police.   The deer, in the meantime, had died.  Police went to the home of the owner of the first car, and arrested the young man  - two hours after he legally turned 18 years old.
   I was very excited to see the new episode of The Blacklist last night.  The first five minutes of the show, however, were marred by the yelling of three people, either in the lobby, or on the stairs of my apartment complex.  There were two men and a woman involved in the shouting match, and, to hear my television program, I had to turn the volume up six notches.  I was also distressed  that it was just tawdry name-calling - the usual "s-o-b"s, bastards, and "m-fer"s, with a lot of f words thrown in.  People today have no imagination when it comes to name calling and insults.  It was extremely boring and monotonous.  I did not call the police - I just wanted to see my show.  So when I was awakened at 12:55 this morning by one of the same voices, again, yelling in the lobby, I stuck my head out my door and yelled, "Hold it down, please, or I'll call the police!"  It turns out the noise was one of the idiots in the earlier yelling match complaining to the police, whom he had called - more than 4 hours after the incident happened. He wanted the police to jail the other two people, whom he claimed had called him "the N word."  The guy is white, and I never heard the N word, but he was threatening the police that he was going to call the ACLU because his personal rights had been infringed upon, because the other two people had called him the N word....   Crazy.  I had to give a statement to the police, and then went back to bed.  Benjamin, the yeller, who lives in A-101, called the police again at 3:30 this morning and was again yelling in the lobby.  He is not a good neighbor, and I hope his lease is not renewed.

No comments: